Dear Rabbi Paul and Cantor Doug:
Memorable. Momentous. Moving.
Those are just a few of the ways Randi and I would describe Aidan’s Bar Mitzvah. We keep replaying the Bar Mitzvah in our heads, and anxiously await the photos and the video so that we can again re-live the experience.
We thank both of you for:
· developing a Bar Mitzvah preparation approach which, in fact, works for the student, one in which the student truly gains the confidence, knowledge and maturity to ultimately carry the service and play the leading role in it;
· creating a Bar Mitzvah service in which the prayers, music and the overall message were “accessible” to the attendees, and allowing Aidan, us, and our extended family to feel completely connected to the service, our Congregation and the community;
· continuously reassuring Aidan – and us – that he was prepared, and would do fine;
· approaching the Bar Mitzvah with fresh enthusiasm and genuine excitement (without any hint that you have both officiated perhaps thousands of Bar Mitzvahs over the years); and,
· creating a wonderful memory for Aidan, us, and extended family.
We are truly appreciative of everything you’ve done.
With sincere appreciation,
Randi & David Brooks