Come harvest with us!
WHEN: Saturday February 2, 2019, 9:00 – 11:00 am
WHERE: Somis, CA
Join us for lemon picking in connection with Food Forward! A great way for families to spend time outdoors while performing a mitzvah! Food Forward collects fresh fruits and vegetables that would otherwise go to waste and donates it to 8 hunger relief agencies across Southern California.
Our backyard event will be at a home in Somis (address to be provided upon sign up) on Saturday February 2, 2019 from 9:00 to 11:00 am. Kids 5 and up are welcome.
- Please note that the event goes on, rain or shine! If the Pick Leader cancels due to weather, you will be notified on the day of the event.
- Bring water and stay hydrated. Be sure to take breaks during the harvest, especially when the weather is hot.
- Wear non-slip, closed-toed and soled shoes, and sunglasses or protective eyewear. We also recommend wearing long pants, lots of sunscreen and a hat.
- Ladder safety: Ladders can only be used by volunteers 18+ and those who are comfortable with heights and climbing. The Pick Leader will have further ladder instructions at the event.
- Each property we harvest at is unique! Please be conscientious of other volunteers and use the harvesting equipment as directed by the Pick Leader.