In case you were interested in more…
- HaMercaz (The Center), the central resource for Jewish families raising a special needs child. HaMercaz connects parents to the programs they need and the services they want. Sponsored by the Los Angeles Jewish Federation, the Bureau of Jewish Education and others.
- Union for Reform Judaism’s Special Needs Resources, including links to other websites of interest.
- Camp Simcha, Family Camp for children with Special Needs
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah with a Child with High Functioning Autism. Next year a child with high functioning autism is supposed to celebrate a bar mitzvah. I have taught him how to read Hebrew, but I need to prepare him for “something” for his bar mitzvah… (from a parent in another synagogue).
- Eight Techniques for Helping Students Succeed. Offer these suggestions to your child’s teacher or principal so your child can better succeed.
Shma: An Online Journal of Jewish Responsibility, Issue on Jews and Special Needs – December 1999 Edition