As an innovative, modern, and exciting Jewish community, Congregation Or Ami is committed to creating youth programs that are relevant and adapted to today’s Jewish learners.
• Kesher means “connection,” and our Kesher Program is designed to foster deep connections among K-6th grade students. By consolidating Judaica and Hebrew learning, we have created an easier schedule for families, while maintaining the same fun, engaging atmosphere for students to learn and grow.
• MAKOM and MAKOM HIGH (formerly known as HUB) provide community and connection to 7th-12th graders. In addition to strengthening their social bonds, teens gain leadership skills by expanding their minds and opening their hearts.
2022-2023 School Year
Or Ami’s 2022-2023 school year will:
- Gather in person for ALL K-12th grade learning programs
- Begin in-person classes in mid-September
- Follow CDC guidelines for all protocols, including indoor social distancing, capacity limits, and mask use
- Enhance our synagogue to ensure a healthy indoor environment at the temple, both in terms of air quality and surface disinfecting
New education calendar to preview coming soon!
Click on our various learning programs below to view start dates and schedule details for the upcoming school year.
How to Register:
If you’re a current Or Ami partner and would like to register, click here.
If you’re interested in joining our community as a new partner, click here.
Questions? Contact Rachel Altfeld at email@example.com
From the team at URJ Camp Newman:
In a recent email from the team at Camp Newman, a set of resources were shared that we thought might be helpful for you in this time of grief and outrage. You can find the resources below…
Learn more about the work NFTY, the Religious Action Center (RAC) and the URJ continue to do around Gun Violence Prevention.
From American Psychological Association:
Helping Your Child Manage Distress in the Aftermath of a Shooting
From American School Counselor Association:
Helping Students After a School Shooting
Education Programs Find out more about...
Looking for our Youth Groups?
For more information about programs and registration, please contact Rachel Altfeld at firstname.lastname@example.org or 818-880-4880
Generously supported by: